BUILD. SOW. GROW. is a design and build company dedicated to using innovative building techniques to construct superior greenhouses that provide a versatile living space for both flora and people.
These highly efficient and healthy greenhouses are created by incorporating progressive building techniques such as:
Oases examples: Spa space, yoga platform, sleeping loft, office space, reading retreat and meditation room
Flourishing Flora: Veggie and flower production, dwarf food forest, seed start space, Aquaponics and vermicomposting
Below is a list of services offered by BUILD. SOW. GROW.
- Design of Greenhouse Structures
- Construction of Greenhouse Structures
- Greenhouse Mechanical Systems Integration
- Hydroponics Systems
- Aquaponics Systems (Growing Fish and Plants)
- Climate Battery (Using the Ground for Heat Transfer)
- Greenhouse Plant Selection and Layout
- Exterior Garden Design, Layout and Planting
- Interior and Exterior Garden Maintenance
Join our Newsletter
ABOUT KARA HOZMILLER
Kara Holzmiller is a Wisconsin native with an Environmental Science degree from the University of Minnesota. Further education includes Permaculture Design Certification (Loveland, CO) and completion of the Endeavour Sustainable New Construction Program (Peterborough, ON Canada). During Kara’s extensive travels throughout the US and Central America, she has been involved with various internships, WWOOFing (World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms) and volunteer experiences through which she acquired valuable work and education experience within environmentally conscious agricultural and construction settings.
Build.Sow.Grow was founded on Kara’s two passions; her desire to design and build the most healthy, low impact, efficient living spaces and the production of nutritious food grown locally through all seasons.
- Bachelor’s degree of Environmental Science – University of Minnesota – 2008
- WWOOFing (World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms)/volunteering on various sustainable agriculture centers throughout Central America and the United States:
- Permaculture Design Certification – Loveland, Colorado – 2012
- Assisted in establishing the Flagstaff EcoRanch – Flagstaff, Arizona – 2012
- Attended the Endeavour Sustainable New Construction Program – Peterborough, Ontario, Canada – 2013
- NorCal Aquaponics coursework: Closed Loop Aquaponics – Sacramento, California – 2015
- Attended Dr. Elaine Ingham’s Soil Food Web 3-day workshop – Laytonville, Califonia – 2016
- Builder, Project Manager, Designer, Office Manager of SmithWorks Natural Homes – Crested Butte, Colorado – 2014 to present
Owner of Build. Sow. Grow.
373 Cascadilla Street,
Crested Butte, CO 81224
(Crested Butte South)
Thank you for visiting BUILD. SOW. GROW. Please fill out the form below to contact us or give us a call at 262.490.4464