ABOUT KARA HOZMILLER
Kara Holzmiller is a Wisconsin native with an Environmental Science degree from the University of Minnesota. Further education includes Permaculture Design Certification (Loveland, CO) and completion of the Endeavour Sustainable New Construction Program (Peterborough, ON Canada). During Kara’s extensive travels throughout the US and Central America, she has been involved with various internships, WWOOFing (World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms) and volunteer experiences through which she acquired valuable work and education experience within environmentally conscious agricultural and construction settings.
Build.Sow.Grow was founded on Kara’s two passions; her desire to design and build the most healthy, low impact, efficient living spaces and the production of nutritious food grown locally through all seasons.
- Bachelor’s degree of Environmental Science – University of Minnesota – 2008
- WWOOFing (World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms)/volunteering on various sustainable agriculture centers throughout Central America and the United States:
- Permaculture Design Certification – Loveland, Colorado – 2012
- Assisted in establishing the Flagstaff EcoRanch – Flagstaff, Arizona – 2012
- Attended the Endeavour Sustainable New Construction Program – Peterborough, Ontario, Canada – 2013
- NorCal Aquaponics coursework: Closed Loop Aquaponics – Sacramento, California – 2015
- Attended Dr. Elaine Ingham’s Soil Food Web 3-day workshop – Laytonville, Califonia – 2016
- Builder, Project Manager, Designer, Office Manager of SmithWorks Natural Homes – Crested Butte, Colorado – 2014 to present
Owner of Build. Sow. Grow.
373 Cascadilla Street,
Crested Butte, CO 81224
(Crested Butte South)