Recipes from the Greenhouse: Herb Encrusted Pork Chops
Herb Encrusted Pork Chops
We are starting a new series of some of our favorite recipes using ingredients from the greenhouse. Our first recipe is a herb encrusted pork chop dish that we paired with a ‘greenhouse’ salad and mashed potatoes garnished with fresh dill.
2 to 4 boneless pork chops, about 1 inch thick
1⁄4 cup olive oil
4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped (about 8 to 10 leaves)
1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1. Chop all herbs and combine with oil in a small bowl.
2. Salt and pepper the pork chops first and then rub herb mixture on both sides.
3. Arrange on a plate or baking dish, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or up to overnight.
4. Place pork chops on grill on high setting, grill 12-15 minutes, turning once.
5. Plate with your favorite side dishes and bottle of Pinot Noir and enjoy!
We enjoyed this dish immensely and will definitely be on the monthly rotation. The mashed potatoes were just 4 potatoes, cubed with skins on, boiled and then mashed with a pat of butter and a splash of half and half. We also folded in a bit of freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese because who doesn’t like melty cheese:) The salad was just a combination of butter crunch lettuce, rainbow chard, bok choy lettuce and grape tomatoes. We ended up using 9 ingredients from the greenhouse.